Italian Minstrel

Italian Minstrel

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Perfect June, perfect roses!

 
This has been the most fantastic weather for the garden, it has been one of the best Junes I can remember: warmth, flowers, soft summer rain at just the right time and sunshine! My garden also looks at its best in June because I am a rose-aholic and they are everywhere! I only like scented roses, old fashioned ones by preference, some roses  dating back to Tudor times: the red rose of Lancaster, Rosa Mundi, and Rosa Damascena. Growing amongst the roses are the original sweet peas, heady-scented and beautiful. These delightful perennials come up every year and look like ladies peeking out from their bonnets, like approving audiences popping up all over the border to see what is happening next, fabulous value - I love June!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment